Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let's talk about Michael Vick

It has been a couple of weeks hearing about Mike Vick and the Bad Newz Kennels (seriously, Bad Newz Kennels), and I thought I would through my two cents in with the pundants.

First, DOG FIGHTING IS WRONG, DOG KILLING IS WRONG....

Second, Mike Vick is an amazing athlete with extremely unique skills. His talent as a running quarterback is basically unmatched in the history of the NFL.

Ok, I sympathise with the fact that Vick is going to jail. I hear it is not a fun place to be. Vick brought this upon himself, he financed the ring, he was centered within it and it is his cross to bear, and bear it he will. He is going to do 1-2 years in a federal penitentiary, or if he gives up alot of other people, for other crimes, maybe a year of house arrest.

As for his football career, I don't think it is done, but I will say it will not be the same. After his time is done, he will have an additional year suspension handed down by the Commissioner. The earliest he will play is 2010, he will be 30 years old. He will not be the QB he has been.

Here is the deal, this is a huge blow, to Vick, the Falcons, the City of Atlanta, and the NFL. In a few years we will move on, Vick may play football again, he may not, but the biggest part of this whole thing is the potential crimes that Vick will hand over to the government in the form of testimony. I hope people realize that Vick will pay for what he has done, and become valuable for what eh knows.

Remember DOG FIGHTING IS WRONG, DOG KILLING IS WRONG and VICK IS GETTING WHAT HE DESERVED

1 comment:

MrsTwink said...

I like the bold statements of "DOG FIGHTING IS WRONG" because I was about to turn around and yell, "what about the dogs? were they given any chance at life?!"

I have to say, it still blows my mind that (1) people actually participate in dog-fighting and (2) some people thinks its not Vick's "fault" because of how he was brought up. Really? Come on!