Monday, September 24, 2007

Whoo Hooo.... We Won!!!

Finally, McNabb Has Come Back to Philadelphia.

I am not going to get my hopes up to high, but it was really nice to see the Birds take control of a game from the opening whistle. The deep passing game set up the run, the way the offense is supposed to run. Curtis and Westbrook had huge games, and McNabb showed that he is a great quarterback, despite being overly criticized. (BTW, I agree slightly with what McNabb said, but being in Philadelphia, I am sure his criticism is amplified that that of other QBs in the league, black or otherwise.)

One thing about yesterdays game that I enjoyed that many other people hated was the throwback uniforms.




This year is the 75th Anniversary of the Eagles, and for this game they decided to pay homage by wearing replicas of the 1934 uniforms. These are yellow and powder blue, not the traditional green, but these colors have meaning. These are the colors of the Philadelphia flag, the Philadelphia Warriors (later to become the Golden State Warriors) also wore these colors. They are classic Philadelphia. I also think that these Unis are cool because they are pretty basic, with a hit of the Eagle in the helmet. Plus STRIPED SOCKS.... how could you go wrong.

It is getting close to time for me to update my game day wear and one of these jerseys will be part of that update.

No comments: