Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lets Play Kickball

I have crossed another off my list. Goodbye #16. Last night I signed the papers, paid my fees and now I am officially part of a kickball league. Actually it is the Kickball League of Baltimore. The team, Jiminy Kickits, is made up of some of my Fraternity Brothers and friends of ours. Our first game is the 12th. I am really looking forward to it.

In my youth I was quite an avid kickballer (check out that lingo). We used to play at Jew camp (day camp, not overnight or concentration). I tended to be the guy who would roof the balls. In case you don't know, roofing a ball is the process of applying enough force, and appropriate directional velocity, to the rounded surface of a rubber ball that it leaves the point of contact (foot to ball) and finds its final resting place on the top of the building where children are making paper-plate-bean-shakers (a Jew camp staple). I was the only person to have roofed a ball at the JCC (it is the Jewish version of a YMCA, with less Village People) and have it's final resting place be the ground ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING. Yeah, I was pretty great.

Needless to say I am pretty excited to get my kick on and tap into the only sport that I may still be good at. I will keep you all updated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

RYAN! WTF BWFE!! Hello! Your blog(s) are totally confusing me. You're all over the place. Stick to ONE theme per blog. My little mind can't handle much more. LOL