Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kickball and Other Fun Things

First a fun little story: When I came into work today I was taken aback. Someone had just been dropped off at the office by a taxi. Now this happens daily, but how many of those taxis have SPINNER RIMS.... Seriously

Yesterday was a day of highs and lows. The lows: I was super duper amazingly sick. I woke up with a crazy headache, stumbled to my computer, emailed the office to say there was no way i was going to make it, and stumbled back to bed. That was about 8am... after I had fallen asleep at around 12 the previous night... so the running total was 8 hours. Back in my bed, unable to find Mike and Mike on TV, I turned over and went back to sleep. I was not sure if I had a migraine or a sinus headache... man headaches suck. Anyway, I rolled over and tried to get back to sleep, and accomplished that task, until about 12pm... running total 11 hours. You would think I would have felt better. You would be wrong. I may have even felt worse at this point. I was considering just trying to throw up, hoping it would relieve some pressure on my head. The fact that I new I had not eaten since mid-Tuesday caused me to think the better of that plan. I of course took this opportunity to try to rollover and go back to sleep. This was clearly a good idea, cause I slept for another three hours which took the running total up to 14 hours. At this point, having see all of an hour of the day I decided that I felt slightly better. Maybe a shower would help. Up the stairs I went... I noticed a few things on this trip. First my hair must have been awesome, cause I could feel it flop from left to right with each step I took. I COULD FEEL MY HAIR MOVING. Next , I was considering the fact that I may have a tumor or some sort, then the voice of the Gov-a-nator came to me and said "its not a tumor". I made it to the shower, turned it on hot and stood there for a while. The shower helped, the hot water helped, my head still was killing me. At this point I figured that I should probably take my clean body and lay down... maybe it would make me feel better. This lasted about another 2-3 hours. I am not actually sure what time it was, though I do remember seeing PTI coming on TV. By the time I got up the last time I had slept for about 17 hours since the night before. I am pretty sure that is completely inhuman. It was one of the worst days I had experienced... but I felt better. Alot better and it was time for the high of the day. It was time for kickball.

I debated going, but I thought hey, I said I was going to do this, it was the first game, it would not be that bad, so I jumped in the SUV with my roommates and we headed down to Patterson Park. The game was alot of fun, though we did loose (I am not even sure we scored). The whole girls bunting thing was a little annoying, but the game was alot of fun. I am really excited for next week.

Well, it is almost the end of the day and I am headed to an IIBA event. I have lots to update, but we will save it for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dear ryan, this post made my laugh. and you have some typos. i challenge you to find them.