Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Brick... Just Blog Damn It!

Another unannounced mini hiatus for bricknhymr. I once again have had life creep up on me, ask me how things are going, slap me across the face and then walk away... slowly... slowly away.

I have been crazy busy at each of my jobs. I feel like I have taken on quite a bit of responsibility and at one employer it is not an issue, because I don't really have a chance for advancement. At the other it is not an issue either, it just grinds on me a little as I really want to do well, but can never tell if I actually am.

I have had some really exciting things happen as well. First, last Friday I got to watch the Retrievers play in the big dance. I went to campus to watch the game with former co-workers and had an absolute blast. I was later told that I showed up on the WBAL coverage of the crowd, but I can't confirm that. It was amazing to see the team play in the NCAA. I kept saying to people that I waited eight years for that moment, and I really had. This could lead to big things for UMBC. I guess it is different for people who went to bigger schools, their reputation and notoriety are something that they take for granted. At UMBC we don't have that luxury. It was a privilege to watch this team and I thank them for everything that they have done for the University.

I also got to see my UMBC peeps the following day at Easter Saturday dinner. I have to admit, as much as I am a foodie, I got shown up at this meal. For one, I didn't cook anything. I brought wine instead, I just didn't have the time. Secondly, it wouldn't have mattered. The combination of Coke Ham and "Beer Can" Chicken (though coke was used for this as well) was incredible. It was an amazing time. I love hanging out with my friends and am sad that Kyle and Erin will be leaving so soon. I hope I get to spend some more time with them before they go. It was also pretty funny being the Jew and wishing everyone a Happy Sunday!

In serious news my heart and thoughts are with Alyssa and Matt right now as they get through some tough times. Know them or not, they are two of the most amazing people and should not have to go through things like this.

I have been working on improvements to eatcharmcity. Mrs. Twink and Eludius have both done some great reviews and the categories are filling out nicely. I am hoping to continue to build a nice base of reviews and start to do some home cooking highlights soon. Let me know what you think of the site.

There are lots more things going on, and they may be coming up in another post, maybe even later today (oh, when it rains, it pours!).

Talk to you all soon.

No comments: