Thursday, October 4, 2007

Less of a Yay for New TV

We are still in the first couple of weeks of the fall season and, to follow up on my previous post, I have some new thoughts on the smattering of entertainment being provided through the picture tube.
  • Big Bang Theory - I am going to say that this is the best new comedy on TV. That's it. I said it.
  • Cavemen - This is the worst new comedy on TV. This show is awful. If you don't know this is the show that they gave to the GEICO insurance cavemen. They took a really good advertising scheme and thought it was so good that they would make a sitcom out of it. There are a couple of problems with this. The first, and most obvious, is that the show is not funny. The commercials are funny because the characters seem like they have been in the real world for a while, but everyone else didn't know they were there. They are offended that the insurance is "So easy a caveman could do it." The show just has some furry guys in the real world. Nothing really different about them. Second, it is not funny. There is no reason to believe that these guys are any different than any other minority in the world, and they make awful minority jokes and highly offensive comments... Whatever, I am done talking about this... it sucks.
  • House - Yeah Buddy. Show two was awesome. The cast is still somewhat intact and they are adding Kal Penn, from Harold and Kumar fame (He was Kumar). I think that this season is shaping up to be really interesting. I should point out that this show is no longer about the patients or the cases, but about the staff, and it is great.
  • Reaper - I missed this the other day, but I am hopeful I can catch some first episode reruns.
  • Kid Nation - It has begun, the leadership is breaking down, mutiny is on the way. HOW COOL IS THAT!!! still a little crazy, but this show has me hooked. I don't even like reality TV...
  • Except for Bravo. The Top Chef Finale was a little underwhelming, and I was personally not happy with the winner, but the food looked amazing and there is just something really cool when some of the Top Chefs in the world, like Rocco DiSpirito and Todd English, are working alongside these people who you have been watching for 4 months. Good Job Bravo. I cannot wait for Season 4. As for the other shows, I am not watching the Better Half, it just doesn't appeal, however I will watch Project Runway.
  • Don't forget about the Podcasts. Make sure you check out The Totally Rad Show, Diggnation and Ask A Ninja

More to come, as always

2 comments:

MrsTwink said...

Big Bang Theory has won a series DVR recording with me. I enjoy Sheldon.

House was also very good!

You should watch "Dirty Sexy Money".

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

And when you get around to #72, give me a holla, 'cause I've been dying to eat at Moritmoto's.