Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a Wonderful Ryanluck

So a couple weeks ago my team at work decided that it would be an awesome idea to hold a little potluck to celebrate the fact that the remaining individuals were... well... remaining. Being the foodie I am I got all sorts of excited. Due to the varying food preferences within my group it was decided that Herbivore vs. Omnivore would be a great theme for the potluck. Being the diplomatic person I am, I decided to make a dish that fell into both categories. Being the "cookist" I am, I decided that both had to be delicious.

I went to Wegmans this past weekend to get ingredients for dinner that day (Asian Braised Short Ribs) and for the potluck. I knew I would need to break out the cooking on Tuesday night since I was working at the big fruit Wednesday night. So I slaved away at the hot stove for a couple hours and packed up the yummy yummy to be unveiled on Thursday for all to enjoy. Then it happened.

On Wednesday afternoon a mail was sent to the group saying that the potluck had been postponed. to many people were in a demo or out of the office. I was a little crushed. There was no way I was making everything again. I had spent to much time and money on this shindig and people were going to eat it. I had made my mind up.

Today was the Ryanluck, where Ryan produced all the food and others came to enjoy. On the menu was Lemon Braised Artichokes and Spinach Fettuccine and the best Chinese Five Spice Wings with Cilantro Dipping Sauce. The food was excellent and I must admit that my co-workers enjoyed quite a bit. Now here is the best part:

I don't have to make anything for the rescheduled potluck.

YAY!

1 comment:

Eludius said...

The food was very yummy. I wish I wasn't on my "Lost 10 pounds in June" kick or I would have finished off the pot for you.